Thursday, June 19, 2014

Happy Birthday!

She began as a baby.  (Yeah, we all do...) But she scared me out of my wits. I didn't "know nothing about birthin' no babies!" Much less raising them. Heck, I had rarely even babysat. But there she was and it was my job to take care of her.

Orlando, Florida
And then she began to grow.
Minot, North Dakota

Sunnyvale, California
And I grew less afraid and more in awe of this child. Smart, inquisitive, and a life force all her own. She learned how to crawl out of her crib and get the left over chips from the kitchen before she was 2. (that entailed going down a full flight of stairs while her parents slept in peaceful oblivion. She came back up and woke us up asking for more chips!)

And she kept growing.

San Luis Obispo, California
And accomplishing.

Los Angeles, California
San Luis Obispo, California
San Luis Obispo, California


I am so grateful that she is here and that I get to share in her life.

Happy Birthday.

I love you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment