Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Trip of a Lifetime -Day 10 addendum

The Duomo
 I forgot something very important about Day 10. We left the restaurant and walked to our hotel and because it had cooled off a bit we decided to see the Piazza del Duomo. The Duomo is the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore and it is spectacular! It was being cleaned which is why there is scaffolding in the picture. We walked by it every day and every day I was in awe of the massive beauty of the place.




Street band
We stopped for some espresso and gelato and found a crowd around a wonderful street band playing American pop hits. It was very late but our fellow tenor, Lark who is somewhere in his eighties was out enjoying the music with his best friend Ruth. I just hope I have half his energy when (and if ) I reach his age.

It was a perfect cap to the day and lifted my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment