Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Very Merry Unbirthday

I have often related that the Christmas season is a LOUSY time for a birthday. Before December 25 people are running around doing things that "must" be done to get ready for the day. Then, after December 25 they sorta disappear as they make ready for the New Year parties and galas and football games.

So when your birthday falls between December 25 and January 1 you are in no-man's land.

Birthday/Christmas gifts are the answer for many people and are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to the recipient.

I was bemoaning this fact (okay, I was whining) to the fellow members of my weaving class. And a (rather raucous) discussion turned into what would be appropriate as an "unbirthday" party for me. Some very inappropriate suggestions were made (causing several people to miss count their threads and have to start all over again--laughing and rolling on the floor does that)

Now this group of women know me to be rather--how would you say this........bold in my use of language. They also know that it is difficult to embarrass me.

Therefore, the inappropriate suggestions were, in fact, quite appropriate.


This week I appeared and after our opening lesson our instructor excused herself to go get some hot tea for us. (Her studio is next to her home) She came back with cookies, jasmine tea, and a birthday card. They gave me a cute tree ornament that resembled one of the churches Vocal Arts sang in this past July.

My cup of tea had a "flower" in it that was quite pretty.

The whole thing made me very happy.

My friends gave me a Very Merry Unbirthday.

Thank you so very merry much!

1 comment: