Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quiet Day in the Neighborhood

For the last week or so the phones have been quiet. No major fires to put out. No one to save from themselves, law enforcement, family members, or mother nature.

I didn't know what to do with myself.

No rushing from pillar to post worrying that nothing would get done.

I actually got to finish reading case files, research cases and write some motions!

I thought I had forgotten how to do that!!!!

Then The Kid speaks and says, "when are you going to teach me to write motions?"

DUH?!?!?!

She is in law school. She is a certified law student. And I am an idiot.

She graduates in August and our agreement is that she starts studying full time for the Bar Exam in November. I think there are a few motions she can write in the meantime.

Then I really can have some quiet weeks even if the phone is ringing off the hook.

Sometimes you just don't see the assets you have until they speak up.

Good thing I raised a pushy broad of a kid. Wonder where she got that???????

No comments:

Post a Comment