Friday, March 7, 2014

What Else Would I DO?????

I have been considering my options.

Age is beginning to show its not so ugly head and I wish to do SOMETHING other than irritate District Attorneys, annoy judges, and visit with the disenfranchised and unwashed.

This is not to say that on any given day those activities would please me greatly.

But I would like to do them in jeans and a sweatshirt.

Not a suit.
Not with makeup.
Not with dress shoes. (they hurt)

Actually, I would like to do them from the comfort of my own home.

But, alas and alack, that is not possible in the current space/time continuum.

Besides, the spouse would not look kindly upon such persons showing up at our door. According to him we moved to the country wilds for a reason.

(Come to think of it, I don't know if DA's or judges would survive the attacks by birds, deer, rabbits, squirrels and the occasional fox or two. Never mind the neighbor's chickens. But that is another dissertation.)

So I have been considering options.

What to do with myself should I not appear before or next to, my nemesis(es) ever again.....

I am trying my hand at crocheting. A turn at cross-stitch was taken.

And, of course, there is the every present jigsaw puzzle.

But that is not constructive. Fun. But not constructive.

So, I continued my research. And I discovered that there is an entire community devoted to weaving.

Not baskets. Fabric.

Now I have never seen a fabric loom up close. The closest I ever got to one was watching Norma Rae at the movie theater.

But I, being the resourceful and independent little cuss that I am, found a weaving class.
And today I went. And I had a blast!

This is what I did today.
Every little part of that loom has a name that doesn't sound like it is English. For instance, tomorrow we thread the headles. The thread that is wound on the loom now is called the weft. And putting it through the headles puts the weft in position for weaving. And so on and so forth.

But I haven't had this much fun doing something other than singing (or dressing down a DA) in ages.

And at the end of this series of lessons, I will have a scarf.

A scarf I made myself.

And, NO, I am not giving it to Superman.

But I guess if you think about it, the guy I married has put up with me for quite some time.  And if I decide to stay home it could be detrimental to his solitude and well-being.

But he will do it.

That makes him pretty super!

1 comment:

  1. That's freaking sweet! And you are now required to post a picture when you're finished.

    ReplyDelete