Monday, January 30, 2012

The JOY of Homeownership

We began with a nice looking 3 bedroom home on an acre and a half of land.

Quiet. Idyllic. Peaceful.

Until the hammers and the tractors spew their noise and pollution.

On my house!

OK. I knew it needed paint. In and out.

Kris in the bathroom.


I knew the deck had to be replaced.



I knew we had to build a dog run.



I knew we had to rewire some things.






I didn't know that we needed a NEW ROOF!



But, one day, while gleefully painting the walls, it began to rain.

INSIDE!

Stop the paint job, find the buckets, and check the roof.

We found the leak.

And then another.

And then another.

So off came the roof and up went the bills.

The contractor is being wonderful. Home Depot is ecstatic. And Fred.......

Fred got to bring his tractor!


It has stopped raining. We continue to paint. And Fred got to use his tractor.

It can't get any better than that.

Well, maybe when I pay off Home Depot.

1 comment:

  1. Ohnoes...roofs = $$$
    I dread the idea that we'll ever need a new roof. Hopefully by then I'll be really really old and it'll be the Boy's problem ;)

    ReplyDelete