Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday at Work

I remember Maynard G. Krebs.

The original hippie aka beatnik.

From the late 1950's to around 1963 he appeared on "The Many Loves of Dobbie Gillis"

He bore an amazing resemblance to Bob Denver. And he was my favorite.

He had an aversion to certain things. In fact, he reacted to the mere mention of "work".


I mention this today because I am at WORK!!!!

It is Saturday! The British Open is on TV and the weather conditions over there are abominable . (Which makes for GREAT TV golf---it's called schadenfreude, I think)

But I have three homicides on my desk along with two attempted homicides and a slew of other "run of the mill" cases that all need attention.

So, I am at the office.

But like Maynard, I yelp "WORK" and write to the world about my poor lot in life.

Guess I shall start reading the stuff I came here to read.

"WORK"!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Coulda been out there walking 15 miles... an office doesn't sound half bad right now ;)

    ReplyDelete