Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Runnin' on Empty

Somedays ya just feel like that---runnin' on empty. Goin' full speed but no ability to regulate thoughts. Hurrying to slow down. No ability stop to think or take the time to fill the tank.

That is where my brain is at. It is spinning away. Weaving thoughts, telling my body to move, telling me to do something but not finishing that thought because I have to do something else before I can do that other thing. I then I forget what it was that I started to do.

And the weaving comes undone and I have to start all over again.

I recognize that I am tired. Bone tired. But sleep isn't restful right now. It carries strange dreams that are unfinished and odd. They wake me up and I want to go back to sleep to finish them and I can't.

So I pad around the house very quietly. Don't want to wake the dogs (they will be wanting FOOD) but the cats come upstairs and sit with me. On my lap. They curl up and purr and then go to sleep. Damn them. Now I can't move.
Putter in the dark

Moving, you see, will wake the cat who will let out a yowl. The yowl will wake the dogs. The dogs will bark at the sound of the cat. The spouse will then quickly rise, hurting his back, to protect his family from the danger he has been alerted to by his faithful dogs.

I told you my mind was spinning. Didn't believe me, did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment